Varsity Heavyweights To Face Princeton, Dartmouth Crews

The varsity heavyweight crew's disappointing third place finish last week leaves the Crimson with everything to gain and nothing to lose tomorrow as it takes on M.I.T., Dartmouth, and Princeton in the Compton Cup race on the Charles at 6 p.m.

Defending the cup, which it won last year at Princeton against the same three teams, the Crimson will meet especially strong opposition from M.I.T. and Princeton. The Engineers, super-inspired by their surprisingly impressive victory over Yale last week, are going all out to get Harvard, the crew M.I.T. hasn't beaten in ten years.

The Crimson will abandon its shortlived experiment with its captain, senior Perry Boyden, at number six. Boyden will be back in the stroke, three new oarsmen will be added to the lineup, and no team members will sit in the same positions as last week. Apparently Coach Harvey Love wasn't too happy with the finish behind both Rutgers and Cornell last week in Ithaca.

Unless Love changes his mind today or tomorrow, the Crimson will feature the following lineup, from bow to stroke: senior Al Hager, junior Art Holcombe, senior Luke Breckinridge, sophomore Nick Bancroft, junior Spencer Borden, sophomore Larry Timpson, junior John Hodges, and Boyden. Senior Jim Rosenstein will cox.

Hager, Holcombe, and Bancroft are the new additions who will help the crew.