International Seminar Opens 10th Season

Delegates to Arrive From 25 Countries

The International Seminar will play host to 33 influential young people from 25 countries this summer as it opens its tenth season next Monday.

Members of the Seminar will discuss major political economic social and cultural forces at work in their respective countries in a series of six Wednesday evening forums that will be open to Summer School students. The first forum, scheduled for July 12, will be followed by a reception affording students a chance to meet and speak with the Seminar participants.

RESPONSIBLE POSITIONS

Hailing from all corners of the globe, the Seminar members hold positions of power and responsibility as government officials, educators, writers and journalists at home. They average 35 years in age, and represent the cream of the nearly 700 men and women who applied for membership in the program this summer.

The Seminar has been directed from its inception by Henry A. Kissinger '50, Associate Director of Harvard's Center for International Affairs. Its aim is to give its members a chance to discuss contemporary problems with each other and to become aquainted with various aspects of American life.

GUEST SPEAKERS

The 33 visitors will divide into two groups for the formal academic part of the Seminar program. One section will deal primarily with political and economic problems, and the other with the humanities. These sections will meet three mornings weekly. During three afternoons each week, they will listen to guest speakers, such as Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. '33 and Eleanor Roosevelt. They will make frequent group forays into Boston, also.

COST PER MEMBER, $1,500

The Seminar, which is subsidized by foundation grants and private contributions, pays all expenses--transportation room, board, tuition, a weekly allowance for personal expenses--of each participant. Estimated cost per member is about $1500. They will reside in Wiggiesworth Hall. All speak English fluently.

Announcements of the subject of the Seminar's open forums awaits arrival of the participants, but the prospectus guarantees that a member of each naional delegation will have a chance to present a talk. The Seminar ends August 13.