HCUA Postpones Officer Elections Until Next Month

By Charles W. Bevard jr.

With five of its members still to be named, the Harvard Council for Undergraduate Affairs met last night and postponed the election of officers to its next meeting, Monday, February 12.

The Eliot and Dunster House Committees have not yet appointed their representatives. The Dunster group has also postponed the election of the House's other representative to give the House members more time to consider the candidates. Winthrop House has also failed to select any representatives.

Members of the new Council include P. Clay Ehrich '64 and William G. Collins, Jr. '63 of Adams House, William R. Keough '63 and Alvin P. Sanoff '63 of Dudley House, Michael R. Deland '63 of Eliot House, Lazaro R. M. A. Galindo '63 and John S. James '63 of Kirkland House.

Other members are Douglas B. Harding '63 and Tom Siporin '64 of Leverett House, David B. Lotman '64 and Michael C. Joseph '64 of Lowell House, Cornelius J. Minihan '63 and Hartej S. Sandhu '63 of Quincy House, and James B. Henderson '65 John P. Russo '65 and John W. Harmond '65, all of whom were named by the Freshman Council.

Charles M. Warchol '63, chairman of the old Council, presided and delivered a chairman's report, in which he called upon the incoming Council members to remember that the Council was a service organization and not to engage in parliamentary intrigue."

He also announced that the committee set up to investigate the Harvard Student Agencies would write a report and conduct a press conference after the examination, but stated that the HSA had cooperated with the committee and that "we were satisfied by the answers we have received."

Warchol also recommended that a committee be organized to study the HSA "in its relations with the community" and an annual "visiting committee" to annually re-assess the HSA.