Council Will Sponsor Model U.N. For Secondary School Students

A model United Nations will be conducted at Harvard to help Massachusetts secondary school students understand the role of the U.N., according to Richard A. Derham '62, president of the Harvard-Radcliffe International Relations Council.

About 200 students will attend the conference to be held on May 12, and will vote upon several resolutions proposed in assembly.

During the assembly students will divide into 104 groups, each group representing one member nation of the U.N.

In addition, there will be discussion groups studying problems of the regional divisions of the world and the work done by the specialized agencies of the United Nations. The operation of these agencies is frequently overshadowed by the more dramatic political actions taken by the U.N., sponsors of the conference claim.

The conference, the ninth to be held at Harvard, is being directly sponsored by the Harvard-Radcliffe International Relations Council. Co-operating in the arrangements will be the Boston World Affairs Council and the Boston Area Council of International Relations Clubs, according to David L. Morton '63, chairman of the Conference.