Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Dime Was

The Moviegoer

Creeping inflation now threatens to destroy perhaps the most cherished traditions of the Square. With its twenty-five cent minimum charge, Hayes-Bick has in effect dried the well-springs of the Cambridge Beat. Gone are the days of heartfelt gemutlichkeit over a cup of coffee, lasting sometimes 'til gray dawn. This action imperils also that welcome respite from the bombast of the lecture hall; even the non-bohemian, more conventional student will have to consider seriously the financial strain of the between-class coffee break. Waldorf's in its wishy-washy way, has compromised. It has adopted a minimum charge, which begins only after 9 p.m.

Albiani's alone remains untouched. Even before the walls of Waldorf's sprouted abstract, wrough-iron nudes, and the quaint ugliness of the Bick underwent renovation, this cafeteria could afford the most modern facade on the square. Hayes-Bick and Waldorf's have unjustly overburdened the Cambridge consumer. If Albiani's, with its admirable ratio of empty tables to people manages without a minimum, so can the other cafeterias.