Yardling Booters Face Yale

The Freshman soccer team today seeks its eighth victory in ten starts as it meets Yale on home ground. A strong team that has lost only to Dartmouth and Exeter, its spirit and ability give the Yardlings a definite edge over the Blue puppies.

The comeback victory over Brown last week was a vivid demonstration of the team's power. Brown took an early two goal lead in the first quarter, but the Yardlings pulled themselves together and came up with four tallies. Brown tried to get back in the game with a late score, but were unable to overcome the Crimson margin.

A strong halfback trio supplies the major support for the team. Chuck Okigwe, from Nigeria, had trouble early in the season with a knee injury, but has returned to his position as left half. Fred Akuffo fills the right half slot and Bobby Knapp the left half.

Fullback captain John Stevens and Bill Kerstetter have teamed with goalie Ned Bowditch to form an able defense. Stevens and Kerstetter never played fullback before coming to Harvard, but have had little trouble mastering this position.

Center forward Hugh Polk is the team's leading scorer to date. Coach Dana Getchell describes him as a fast and agressive boy who is "able to make his own breaks."

Morgan Hudson holds down the right wing slot and with his speed and impressive shooting has provided a formidable opposition to his opponents. Steve Simpson and John Bayne share the left wing duties.

Getchell has been alternating four players on the inside positions. Keith Chiappa and David Taft have been starting, but David Fuller and Robert diNormandie have been substituting freely.