The Elis to Date: Mixed Performance

Yale 18, Connecticut 14

Junior halfback Randy Egloff scored the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter as the Elis subdued Connecticut for the 14th straight time.

Yale 6, Brown 6

The heavily favored Bulldogs were forced to come from behind to tie the Bruins, and they did it the hard way, with Wally Grant booting two field goals.

Columbia 14, Yale 10

Columbia's spectacular sophomore quarterback Archie Roberts passed for one first-half touchdown, and later dashed 26 yards to overcome an 8-6 Yale half-time lead.

Yale 26, Cornell 8

Putting on their finest offensive show of the season, Yale managed to stymie Cornell's stellar quarterback Gary Wood, overwhelming the Big Red with the fine running of sophomore fullback Pete Cummings and the kicking of Wally Grant.

Yale 14 Colgate 14

With Colgate leading 14-0 in the last quarter, the Elis surged from behind to gain their second tie of the season. Quarterback Brain Rapp led the Blue's two touchdown drives.

Dartmouth 9, Yale 0

After a scoreless first half, Dartmouth broke the ice with a third quarter field goal by Bill Wellstead. The Big Green added insurance in the final quarter when Bill King scored.

Penn 15, Yale 12

Penn scored an upset on the margin of its extra points. The Bulldogs took an early 12-0 lead, but Penn rebounded in the second and third periods and made the conversions.

Princeton 14 Yale 10

The underdog Elis led twice in this Big Three contest scoring on a field goal and a Pete Cummings-to-Ed McCarthy pass. But the Tigers came back and marched 67 yards for a touchdown that insured Yale's fourth loss of the season.