AP Places Taylor, Hudepohl On All-Ivy Eleven, With King, Wood

Grana, Diehl on 2nd Team

The Crimson's Bill Taylor, a halfback, and Dave Hudepohl, an end, were named yesterday to the Associated Press All-Ivy League football team for the 1962 season.

Captain Dick Diehl, a tackle, and fullback Bill Grana were placed on the second team. Tackle Ed Smith, quarter-back Mike Bassett, and halfback Hobie Armstrong received honorable mention.

Dartmouth, which swept to the league championship undefeated, placed four men on the first team. Quarterback Billy King, who set all sorts of school records this season, halfback Tom Spangenberg, center Don McKinnon, and tackle Bill Blumenschein were the Indians selected.

King and McKinnon, who has already been named to several All-American teams, were the only unanimous selections.

The rest of the first team included Cornell's shifty quarterback Gary Wood, who was named as a halfback, end Ron Allshouse of Penn, tackle Perry Wickstrom of Yale, and guards Tony Day of Columbia and Tim Callard of Princeton.

Taylor, the Crimson's hard-running right halfback, was a second team selection last year. He was one of the league's leading scorers this season and gained Ivy Back of the Week recognition last week after scoring four touchdown against Brown.

Hudepohl was widely feared for his crunching defensive play at right end. The 6 ft., 3 in., 200 pound senior from Fort Thomas, Ky. consistently turned back end sweeps and often broke through to smother would-be passers.

Last season the Crimson placed four men on the first team, including Grana. But he was hampered by a recurring back injury this year, and only made the second team.