Eliot, Leverett Pace House Football

Both Eliot and Leverett picked up easy wins in House football this week, moving further ahead of the rest of the league. Adams, which moved into third place with a narrow win over Lowell, now seems too far behind to threaten the two leaders.

Leverett, 6-0, is idle until its November 14 showdown with the Elephants, but faces the problem of replacing its starting quarterback, Tim Casgar. Casgar was knocked out of the Dunster game last week with a head injury, and has been ruled unfit for the rest of the season. Despite this loss, the Bunnies had an easy time with Kirkland Thursday, as they scored a convincing 20-0 win.

Eliot, which has just one game remaining before the crucial encounter with Leverett, had an easier time in trouncing Dunster, 29-6. Eliot's huge line and powerful running attack overwhelmed the Funsters. Since Dunster had given Leverett a scare the week before, Eliot's win looked even more impressive.

The Adams-Lowell game was plagued by darkness, and had to be moved under the lights before Adams could squeak past the Bellboys, 14-6. In the fourth game of the week, played on extremely muddly fields, Winthrop poured across three scores, beating last place Quincy, 21-0.