Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Sailors to Defend Schell

A top-notch Crimson crew will try to make it seven wins in seven tries, as Carter Ford, Mike Lehmann, and Dave Stookey defend the Schell trophy on the Charles this weekend.

Twelve of the best crews from New England, Middle Atlantic, and mid-Western sailing associations will compete for the prize, generally regarded as the unofficial fall championship, in the two-day regatta.

Ford and Lehmann led the Crimson to last fall's triumph in the Schell championship and should be able to repeat the performance today and tomorrow. Stookey will relieve Ford for a few races in "A" division this morning, but the Crimson captain will sail the major part of the regatta.

The championship is a "reward" event, and contestants are selected on the basis of winning performances during the regular fall seson. The Crimson sailors will face a major challenge from Coast Guard, but should be able to outmaneuver M.I.T., Cornell, and the mid-Western teams.

The Engineers have not shown much promise yet, but will pose a threat because the regatta is being sailed in M.I.T. Tech dinghies. Cornell finished second to the Crimson in the Ivy League championships, but will not be very dangerous this weekend.

Next to Harvard, the toughest New England challenge may come from the University of Rhode Island, which has shown some skill in several meets during the fall, especially in the New England team racing championships.