Varsity Squash Opens Against McGill Today

A strong varsity squash team opens its season today against McGill University at Montreal. McGill is always a major contender for the Canadian championship, but because it is not a regular member of the Eastern Intercollegiate Squash League, it is usually an unknown quantity to American teams.

Although slated last year to give the Crimson a tough battle, the Canadians fell easily, 7 to 2. The varsity should have little trouble winning again today, as almost all of this year's squad are returning lettermen.

National juniors champion Vic Niederhoffer will be playing number one for the Crimson team. Doug Walter will fill the number two position, and captain Roger Wiegand will play three. Paul Sullivan, who played the number three position last year, is sick and will not journey to Montreal.

John Vinton will play four and Lou Williams five. Terry Robinson, Alan Terrel, and Alex McDonald will hold down the six, seven and eight positions, and Terry Winslow and John Frances will complete the ladder at nine and ten.