Winter Comp Draws Crowd to 'Crime'

Last night was the beginning of the CRIMSON'S winter competition. Students had the opportunity of visiting the font of literary training where such men as Faulkner, Heming-way, Ellot, Frost, Updike, and John F. Kennedy first published their works.

Most students visited the CRIMSON instead.

Being introduced to what was rumored to be one of Cambridge's only sources of Coke, the future CRIMSON types learned their first lesson of newsmanship: never believe rumors.

Although a highly-placed University official estimated the throngs at more than 100, the CRIMSON will nevertheless hold another introductory meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. The highly-placed officials has since been returned to his perch atop the Lampoon building.

The highly-motivated students included several competing for the business board, which really does offer commissions to its members, and which gives students the opportunity to make useful contacts in the business world.

The editorial board welcomed those who love to analyze and who at the same time are "knowledgeable and perceptive critics," especially those interested in analyzing Harvard or Radcliffe.

And there, of course, are those who want to learn all about the University, meet prominent people, and see their articles on the CRIMSON's front page. They of course will be news board types. The photo types? They will be there, too.