SLIGHTLY FLAVORED ICE CUBES

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Two weeks ago, two representatives of the Middlebury College International Relations Club made the long trek to Harvard to attend the New England Regional Conference of International Relations Clubs (if New England really was represented, we fear its size has sadly diminished). For the privillege of attending, these two members paid twelve dollars apiece. The week-end was advertised as consisting of (among other things): three speeches, a discussion, three "banquets," and "fun and games."

Rah for the speeches and rah for the discussion! The delegates approved highly of both. As for the other events, the delegates feel that they were unjustly led astray. Since when is "banquet" synonymous with eating a meal that cost little over a dollar, in the Harvard Union, cafeteria style? "Fun an games" were also quite disillusioning. The "games" seemed to consist of paying $.50, for which one received a Monopoly ticket. Upon redeeming this ticket with the youn-man-in-charge-of-drinks, the naive purchaser was handed a glass of slightly flavored ice cubes. The "run" still remains a dark mystery.

We have only one question: for what noble purpose has Harvard used our $24? Sara Brown,   Setsy Nelson,   Middlebury College   International Relations Club.