Crimson Hockey Team Will Face Improved Brown Sextet Tonight

Still shining from Monday night's victory over Boston College, the varsity hockey team resumes the battle for its second straight Ivy League championship tonight at 8 p.m. in Watson Rink when it faces Brown, the League's second-place team.

The Bruins, who had an unbelievably miserable record last season (won-0, lost-20), are, needless to say, very much improved this year. In their last two games, Coach Jimmy Fullerton's skaters have scored decisive wins over both Princeton and Yale to make their Ivy record 3-1, second only to Cornell's league-leading 4-3.

Tied for Third

Since the league standings are determined by points (2 for a win, one for a tie) rather than percentages, the Crimson itself is currently in a three-way tie for third in the league with a 2-1 record.

While Brown will not be offering the most formidable opposition of the Crimson's schedule, it does seem to have the one Ingredient necessary to stay in the game against Coach Cooney Welland's squad: a good goalie.

Bruin notminder John Dunham is a small fellow who seems to have developed a deflnite skill for amassing a high number of saves per game. His average in Ivy play is 39.7 and in one match against Yale he turned away 53 shots.

Crimson Favored

Brown's overall record of 7-7, while considerably better than last year's, still makes the Crimson a heavy favorite in tonight's game. The varsity's overall record is now 12-4.

Undergraduates may exchange their student coupons for tickets to the game until 5 p.m. today at the Athletle ticket office, 60 Boylston Street.