HCUA to Investigate HAA Sales Charges of Ticket Inequities

HCUA voted unanimously last examine the "entire situation" ticket sales.

committee will "study and recommendations" concerning in the allocation and in the distribution of for athletic events.

Schaffer '63, chairman of , described it as "a student group" cooperating with to "try to solve its problem."

"entire situation" goes far deeper the question of which group-- Harvard undergraduates, or from the visiting teams' school-- have the most or the best seats, noted. The committee will whether the H.A.A. should control at all.

committee, appointed by Schaffer regard for "balance," includes John L. G. Archibald '64, Nicholas D. Nash '62, and Grier H. Raggio '64, Archibald is the author of a letter in Friday's CRIMSON charging the ticket office with "inefficiency and graft." Nash wrote a reply in yesterday's CRIMSON, asserting that "there is little cause for griping." [Nash was not available to confirm acceptance of his appointment.]

"Neither Letter"

"I support neither letter," Schaffer told the CRIMSON. "Both are obviously impassioned, and both are partly right."

Further problems that will come under the committee's eye are the apparent priority given to large block purchasers, such as clubs, the advisability of continuing the isuance of expensive ticket books to every undergraduate, and the price of the tickets themselves. The group will also investigate ways to improve the effiency of allegedly careless distribution.

"We could very easily make spectacular headlines now, such as 'HCUA to Investigate H.A.A.,' but that would mean nothing," asserted Schaffer at the meeting. "The committee should not talk, but act." A fairly comprehensive report is expected within a few weeks.

"Neither Letter"

"Neither Letter"

"Neither Letter"

"Neither Letter"

"Neither Letter"