Six Harvard Icemen Gain All-Ivy Laurels

Harvard's Ivy Champion hockey varsity dominated the All-Ivy team announced today, placing two men on the first sextet and four more on the second team.

To no one's surprise, the Crimson's Gene Kinasewich and Dave Johnston were named to the mythical Ivy top six. Kinasewich paced Crimson scorers with 20 goals and 20 assists for 40 points this season. Johnston, who had 13 total points, made quite a reputation for his determined and often spectacular defense work.

Four Make Second Team

Goalie Bob Bland, center Dave Grannis, wing Tim Taylor, and defenseman Harry Howell make up the Harvard contingent on the second team selections. Taylor was second in Harvard scoring, netting 33 for the season. Grannis, the team's captain, scored 26. Bland was fourth among goalies with a .924 save percentage in Ivy games. Howell, who scored 12 times, was a popular defenseman all season long.

Goalie Godfrey Wood, who turned in the only shutout performance in the recent ECAC championships, and wing Dave Morse received honorable mentions in the coaches' poll.

Others named for All-Ivy laurels include Steve Ripley, Yale; Laing Kennedy, Cornell; John Cook, Princeton; and Dave Leighton, Dartmouth, on the first team; and Tom Cranna, Dartmouth and Jerry Kostandoff, Cornell, on the second team.