All Yell, 'Lookat Dat'; Eight Cops Kill Rat

By Joel E. Cohen

Eight fearless men in blue captured and killed last night a dangerous escapee from the Harvard Yard. The culprit was shot to death at 11:58 p.m. behind Cambridge Savings on Holyoke St.

The victim, Watta Grey Rodent '65, was first cornered beneath a car parked opposite the Hayes Bickford.

Cries of, "God, lookat dat big rat!" attracted several minions of the law. A squad car parked further down Holyoke St. Unsuccessful attempts to rub out the rat with hammer and broom drove the Yardling down the street. A howling mob of nearly 50 passers-by followed with shouts of "God, lookat dat big rat!"

Rodent, confused and dazed, took shelter beneath the squad car. The car promptly drove away. Left in the open, the escapee made for a corner behind the bank, to an obbligato of, "God look-at dat big rat!"

An innocent bystander struck the first blow with a black umbrella and the police moved in with the broom. Rodent, dazed, was then despatched by a single shot and his records removed from University Hall to the Health Center.

The crowd cried: "Did you ever see such a sight in your life?"