'Lampoon' Announces Worst Performances From Hollywood '61

"King of Kings" and Natalie Wood shared dominant dositions in the Lampoon list of "Movie Worsts for 1961." In a tie with "Parrish" for first place in the "ten worst pictures" category, "King of Kings" was also awarded the "Greatest Setback to Christianity Since 'The Robe'" Trophy.

Its scene of "Salome's Dance" occasioned the presentation of "The Great Ceremonial Hot Dog" given for the worst scenes of the cinema season. The designation "worst all-around performance by a cast in toto" was awarded jointly to "King of Kings" and "The Last Sun-set."

Miss Wood was commended "for so gallantly persisting in her career despite a total inability to act." The award for the worst duos of the year found her listed with 1. Warren Beatty 2. Richard Beymer (who won mention in his own right for his performance in West Side Story) 3. Anyone.

This year's Vanity Fair Citation, "to that actress who most tirelessly champions the cause of womanhood" went to Sophia Loren for "carrying to court her fight to be billed above Charlton Heston for her performance in 'El Cid'."

Other "worst pictures of the year" included "By Love Possessed," "The Devil at 4 O'Clock" and "Flower Drum Song."