Swim Team Honors Five With Medals

The swimming varsity officially closed its season with the annual presentation of squad awards at a banquet earlier this week.

Bill Zentgraf took the coveted Stowell Trophy presented each year to the senior who "through perseverance, diligence, and untiring self-sacrifice has most improved his swimming performances during his college years."

The Friends of Harvard Swimming Trophy for the member of the squad defeated in dual competition went to Fred Elizalde, who was first in every dual meet he entered in his college career.

John Pringle, one of the big heroes of the Yale victory, received the Eugene B. Wyman Trophy for the person scoring the most points throughout the year in dual meet competition. In the past this award has been earned by three Olympians, the most recent, Bruce Hunter '61.

Captain Bob Kaufmann as awarded the Harold S. Ulen Trophy for "qualities of leadership, sportsmanship, and team cooperation." Throughout the season coach Bill Brooks constantly emphasized that Kaufmann was a big factor in the team's great success.

The Brooks Cup for the varsity's top diver was given to Jay Shelton.