Varsity Stickmen Face Holy Cross

Two weeks ago, the varsity lacrosse team walloped M.I.T. by 12 goals. The Engineers in turn beat Holy Cross by one goal Saturday. It follows that the varsity lacrosse team should slaughter Holy Cross in today's contest on the Business School field.

Coach Bruce Munro's highly touted stickmen haven't lost a game since their spring training trip. In their last outing, they beat the University of Pennsylvania 15 to 3 in what Munro termed "probably our most polished performance of the season." Crimson passing against the Quakers showed definite improvement and the midfield units worked well together. If Munro's men play half as well against Holy Cross, they should win easily.

Munro will start his high-powered attack trio of Grady Watts, Lou Williams, and Woody Spruance. This offensive unit has produced 55 goals in nine games and has played control ball through most of the spring. The Watts to Williams scoring combination clicked for four goals against the Quakers and may improve even more with greater game experience.

The first midfield unit will include "Tink" Gunnoe, Pete Sieglaff and Joe Prahl. All three weigh more than 170 lbs. and play a fast-moving, hard-hitting type of game. They will be backed by Pete Wood, Gil Bamford, and Dave Nyhan on the second midfield.

Henry Field, Dave Grannis, Charlie Kessler, and Al Straus will share the three defensive posts. Along with goalie Gil Leaf, they have held the last three Crimson opponents to a mere 13 goals.

Munro put his squad through a rigorous, full-scale scrimmage yesterday in preparation for today's contest with Holy Cross. The varsity has beaten the Crusaders the last three times it has played them, and today's contest should make it four straight.