SERT TO ADDRESS DESIGN MEETING

Now towns, inter-city corridors, peripheral growth, and rationalized sprawl will be discussed at the sixth Urban Design Conference this weekend. As part of the program, Jose Luis Sert, dean of the Graduate School of Design, will deliver the second Gropius Lecture ("Architecture Without Frontiers") at 8:30 p.m. Friday in the Loeb Theatre.

Friday's discussions also include "What Happens Between Cities," by Froderick Gutheim, president of the Washington Center for Metropolitan Studies; and "Dots, Lines, Rings, and Rugs," by Harvard's Urban Design studio, both at 10 a.m., in Hunt A.

Catherine Bauer Wurster, of the University of California, will talk on "Megapolis" at 11 a.m. Friday in Emerson D. At 2:30 p.m. Robert C. Weinberg '23 will discuss "Three Contemporary Projects"--Reston, Va.; Orange County, Calif.; and Action Housing, Pittsburgh.

Panels participating in the Conference will report on their Friday meetings at 10 p.m. Saturday at the Loeb. The program concludes with an address on "What Happens Between Buildings" by Edmund Bacon, of Philadelphia's City Planning Commission, at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, also at the Loeb.