Give Festival Prizes To Gillespie, Talisman

Only one girl, Marcia Gillespie '64, was among the students winning prizes in the creative arts competition of the Quincy-Holmes Arts Festival. She received a first prize in the areza of painting and sculpture for her work in oils. Second prize was given to Marc E. Talisman '63, for his sculpture "Moses."

Talisman was the only student recognized with a place in two fields, winning also second prize in photography for his picture of Lake Kimsee in Bavaria. David R. Underhill '63, took first with a color shot of a Mexican girl.

In the short story competition, James A. Culpepper '64 won first with "The Past," with second place shared by Charles A. Hart '63 for "I Love You Valina," and Phillip G. Schrag '64 for "Give An Ear."

Robert B. Higgins' '63 poem "We Have Thought Too Much and Done Too Little" was awarded first prize in its area. "Barrow Grass" by George M. Friend '62 was second. In the oratory contest, John W. Price '62 was first with a speech of Burke's, while John T. Parker's '62 presentation, of Pericles Funeral Oration earned second price.

Steven Lubin '63 was director of the whole Arts Festival.