Leverett Dismantles Arts Festival Dome

Leverett House men dismantled their home-made wooden geodesic dome yesterday morning after buffeting from 40 m.p.h. winds brought the structure near collapse. However they rigged up a replacement aluminum dome before twilight and the second performance of the the tragi-comedy Mr. Ooze went on as scheduled at 8 p.m.

The high winds during Tuesday night the wooden dome so severely that many of its stamped metal screw were dangerously weakened. To prevent disaster, Blair Brown '62. chairman of the Leverett Arts Festival, decided to remove all art and photography exhibits from under the dome, which was built in Leverett's court yard. Then about 40 students and tutors took the dome apart minutes.

Leverett House pulled the replacement dome out of its basement where it was being stored for R. Buckminster Fuller the designer of the geodesic dome, who plans to have it erected for the reunion of his class.

Assembly of the aluminum dome took students about four hours to complete. say that eight Marines also do the job in four hours.