Lombard Name B-School Dean

George F. F. Lombard, '33, professor of Human Relations, has been named associate dean of Harvard's Graduate School of Business Administration, effective July 1.

A member of the Business faculty for more than 20 years, Lombard will succeed Russel H. Hassler, who is resigning to become an officer and director of the Hawaiian Electric Co., Ltd., in Honolulu.

Lombard, an authority on human relations in business and industry, served as an assistant dean of the Harvard Business School for four years before he joined the faculty in 1940. With the late Dean Wallace B. Donham, he helped introduce a course in human relations into Harvard College

He is known especially for his studies of labor turnover and for his more recent study, "Behavior in a Selling Group: A Case Study of Interpersonal Relations in a Department Store."

Hassier, during five years as associate dean, has directed the educational program of the School. He is well known in the business circles of Honolulu, where he gave summer courses for businessmen at the University of Hawaii. An authority on accounting systems, he has been on the Harvard faculty for 16 years.