Baseballers Seek Pennant at Yale

The varsity baseball squad makes the short trip to New Haven this Saturday in an attempt to new up the Eastern intercollegiate Baseball League pennant, or at least a tie for it.

With a season record of 17-3, the team in odds-on favorites to eat the dog meat. Sophomore ace Paul Del Rossi (8-0) will probably be the Crimson hurler. Del Rossi, with his amazing collection of speeds, has mastered most of the toughest teams in the East, and has completed nearly all his starts.

As the team prepares for the trip there is a question about who will play first base. Regular first sacker Phil Bernstein, the team's clean-up hitter, has been having his problems for the past few weeks and injured his leg in the ill-fated Holy Cross expedition earlier this week. Should Bernstein not be available, the choice will probably fall on Jim Mullin, a lanky junior who has seen limited action this season.

The rest of the line-up will probably include the old familiar, successful faces. Dave Morse at short and Terry Bartolet at second are currently in the midst of hitting streaks. Wolf man Mike Drummey at third is one of the league's top lumbermen, and if he returns to form Saturday, the Bulldogs will have a tough day.