Tufts Lacrosse Squad Faces Tough Varsity

The powerful varsity lacrosse team hasn't lost a game since its spring trip and boasts the most potent offensive unit of the Ivy League in attackmen Grady Watts, Lou Williams, and Woody Spruance. This trio, four good midfields, and a stingy defense will be enough to soundly drub a weak Tufts ten in today's game on the Business School field at 3:45 p.m.

The contest marks the last playing experience the varsity will get before taking on dangerous Princeton Saturday afternoon. The week-end contest will probably decide the Ivy League Championship and could lead to the first Crimson victory over the Tigers in more than 15 years.

A great deal of Coach Bruce Munro's title hopes depend on the stick play of sophomore players, who along with such seniors as Watts, Spruance, and Pete Sieglaff, have contributed heavily to the varsity's winning ways.

Included among the promising bunch of sophomores are Williams, "Tink" Gunnoe, Charlie Kessler, and Pete Wood. Williams leads the team in scoring and Gunnoe plays on Munro's first midfield. Kessler has also earned himself a starting berth on the team while Wood, in his first year of lacrosse, has worked his way up to the second midfield.