Heavies, Lightweights Compete at Princeton In Regattas Saturday

The Harvard crews head down to Princeton today, hopefully to find sensible weather and rowing conditions for the heavyweight Compton Cup, with M.I.T., Princeton, and Rutgers, and the lightweight Wood-Hammond Cup with Penn and Princeton.

Coach Harvey Love will race the same varsity heavyweight boat that defected Rutgers and B.U. last week. "I saw no reason to make any changes after the showing in last week's--whatever you call it." Love said yesterday. "They'll have a better chance to show what they can do in Saturday's race."

As it stands now, the varsity will include: Alan Hager, how: Captain John Higginson, two; John Hodges, three: William Bancroft four: Spencer Borden, five; Doug Robertson, six; Harry Pullock, seven: Dick Masland, stroke: and Bob Goodwin, cox.

Lightweights Underage Changes

The lightweights, however, have undergone extensive changes. As the result of a three-quarter length victory in a time trial yesterday, the JV has become the varsity boat for tomorrow's race. "The crew that pulls the hardest should be the first boat." Coach Larry Coolidge explained. "The former varsity boat has a lot of potential, but it just hasn't been realized."

The revamped first boat will have Forney Hutchinson at how; Yan Weymouth at two: Mike MacKenzie at three; Captain Jim Miller at four: Bob Russell at five: Bob Clement at six: Charles McCleannon at seven; Fred Kellogg at stroke; and Chris Hamilton at cox.

The JV boat will be the same as the Varsity last week, with one change, Charlton Ames, in at three.