SUMMER NEWS BRIEFS

THURSDAY AFTERNOON LECTURE SERIES: The last lecture in the Thursday Afternoon Lecture Series will be given this afternoon at 4 p.m. Frederick Hartt, Professor of the History of Art, University of Pennsylvania, will speak on "The Artist's Search for God." The lecture will be held in Allston Burr B.

GRADUATE DANCE: Tonight from 8:30-12:00 there will be a dance for all graduate students at the Harvard Summer School. The dance will be at the Harvard Union and will feature the George Graham Orchestra. Admission is $.50 per person. Summer School Graduate students are welcome to bring guests if they wish.

INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR INFORMAL TALKS: This Thursday from 4:30-6 members of the international Seminar will meet with regular Harvard Summer School students in the Matthews Hall Common Rooms. The participants for Thursday are Mr.L. Choumanidis, economist and free lance writer, and Mr. T.V. Kunhikrishnan will speak on "Hindusim: Fact and Fiction."

PLAY READING:

There will be a play reading this Sunday at 7:30 p.m. in the Common Room at Matthews Hall. "Under Milkwood" will be read. The Summer School stresses that this only a social-literary function, not a production.

ALL STUDENTS: "Zionism and the Nationality Status of American Jews" will be discussed by Milton Golden of the American Council for Judaism at 8 p.m. at Phillips Brooks House.