SUMMER NEWS BRIEFS

THURSDAY AFTERNOON LECTURE SERIES: This Thursday at 4 p.m. in Burr B, George Baldwin will give the fourth in the Thursday lecture series. Baldwin, a research associate at Harvard's Center for International Affairs, will speak on "Foreign Aid and the Coming Revolution in Iran."

INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR INFORMAL TALKS: This Thursday from 4:30 to 6 p.m. in the Matthews Hall Common Room, there will be another informal meeting for Harvard Summer School students with members of the International Seminar. Maximo Solivan of the Phillipines will discuss any topic concerning Asia. Solivan is publisher and a columnist for the Manila Evening News. Sachchidanandaz Sahay, Acting Chief Sub-Editor of the Calcutta Statesman will talk on the "Press in India."

INFORMATION CENTER SLIDE CONTEST: There will be Slide Contest sponsored by the Information Center this Summer. The slides can be of any Summer School activity; but no classroom pictures will be accepted.

Slides must be entered at the Information Center, 20-22 Dunster Street, before Friday. Every entrant is allowed only one slide. Slides will become the property of the Information Center and will not be returned.

WEEKEND PUNCH: This weekend there will be another punch and recorded music program in the Matthews Hall Common Rooms. On Saturday from 3-5 and on Sunday from 4-6 p.m. there will be punch and recorded music and on Sunday from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Nandini Joshi will be the hostess.

OPEN NIGHT AT THE OBSERVATORY: On August 8 at 8:p.m. there will be an open night at the Harvard College Observatory and the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory at 60 Garden Street (opposite Linnean Street). Fred A. Franklin will speak on "The Planet Saturn." There will be telescopic observations if the weather is permitting. From 7:30-10:30 there will be Astronomical exhibits and films. The Open Night is open to all Harvard Summer School students and is free. Tickets should be obtained in advance from Matthews Hall 4. No seats will be reserved after 7:45 p.m.

LOEB EXPERIMENTAL THE--ATER: Edna St. Vincent Millay's Aria da Capo" will be presented at the Experimental Theater on Saturday at 3 p.m. and three times on Sunday, at 3, 7, and 9 p.m. The play is produced by Austin Laughlin and directed by Chris Assini. Admission is free for all performances.