Brandt to Speak Here Tuesday

Willy Brandt, mayor of Berlin, will speak on the "Ordeal of Coexistence" in the annual Gustay Pollak lectures on Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 p.m. in Sanders Theatre.

Brandt, who has served as Mayor of Berlin since 1957, is chairman of the Social Democratic Party in West Berlin and was a member of the first and second West German parliaments after World War II. He has been a member of the Berlin House of Representatives since 1950 and served as its president in 1955-57.

The Pollak Lectures were established in 1954 by a gift of Leo Silver, in honor on the Austrian-born journalist.

Leo Schrade, a distinguished musicologist of the University of Basel, Switzerland, is the Charles Eliot Norton Professor of Poetry at Harvard for 1962-63. He will give a series of public lectures during the year and will counsel with students and faculty members.

The author of more than 100 published works of musical scholarship and criticism, Schrade was professor of the history of music at Yale University from 1938 to 1958. His books include, "Monteverdi--Creator of Modern Music" and the first four volumes of a 12-volume edition of "Polyphonic Music of the 14th Century."