College Teaching Course to Admit Undergraduates

The extra-curricular course in college teaching offered by the Committee on Teaching as a Career will be open to undergraduates for the first time this fall, Elliott Perkins '23, professor of History, announced yesterday.

Normally open only to graduate students, the course is the only one in college teaching methods and problems given outside the Graduate School of Education. It consists of nine talks by senior Faculty members and Administration officials, followed by informal discussions over coffee.

The first meeting of the course is scheduled for Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the large common room at Harkness Commons. Students will pay the $10 registration fee then.

The other eight sessions will take place on Monday nights except Nov. 11. Among the speakers during the term will be Dean Ford, speaking on "From Graduate Student to Teacher Scholar"; David E. Owen, professor of History, on "Lecture Techniques"; Clark Byse, professor of Law, on "Academic Freedom"; and Hanna Gray, visiting professor of History, on "The Woman in Scholarly Life."

Other speakers will be Harold C. Martin, director of General Education A; David Riesman, Henry Ford II Professor of Social Sciences; Dana L. Farnsworth, director of the University Health Services; William G. Perry, Jr., director of the Bureau of Study Counsel.