Ticket Sale For Dartmouth Game At Record Level

Saturday's Dartmouth game may attract Harvard Stadium's first sell-out crowd for a non-Yale game since 1931.

"We still have over 6,000 good seats left," Frank O. Lunden, Department of Athletics ticket manager, said yesterday. "But we expect a crowd of well over 25,000, which is very rare. The last two Dartmouth games each drew about 27,500 people." Present Stadium capacity is 37,289, approximately 20,000 less than in the year when quarterback Barry Wood '32 led the Crimson, before packed stands, to a 7-0 victory over Holy Cross.

Student requests for tickets were "like a Yale game," Lunden reported. An extra crew of undergraduates was necessary to process the 2311 applications for 4471 tickets, which will be distributed today in the Union and House dining halls. Despite the unexpectedly high number of applications, room was found for all students in the traditional Harvard section, which extends from section of the 50-yard line to Section at the end zone.

Demand Not Unexpected

The great demand a possibly decisive Ivy League game did not take the office completely by surprise. Alumni requests had been arriving in numbers far above normal ever since the August mailing of applications to 70,000 graduates.

"We wouldn't have needed them if Harvard or Dartmouth had lost on Saturday," explained Baaron B. Pittenger, Jr., Director of Sports Information.

Ticket sales are continuing at a rapid rate. The seats still available are those reserved section in the colonnades, up in back of the open stands, and they were being purchased yesterday at Department of Athletics headquarters by fans who had to wait in a line which often grew to 30 people. Tickets will continue on sale there until the game, or until the supply runs out.