Jamaica Envoy Sees Castro's Fall, Urges U.N. Power to Free Colonies

Sir Neville Ashenheim, Jamaican ambassador to the United States, predicted last night that Castro's Cuba would eventually become a victim of its own specialty--revolution.

Speaking to approximately 40 students of the International Student Association, the 62-year old statesman said in response to a question that "my Cuban friends tell me that the Cuban spirit is not dead, that one of the traits of the Cuban spirit is revolution, and that sooner or later revolution must come. I cannot say more than that," he added.

Ashenheim also told his audience that the time for an aggressive United-States policy towards Cuba had passed. "A militant policy should have occured much earlier," he said.

In the main body of his talk, Ashenheim cited the right of a people to self-determination, as a fundamental principle of international relations. He said that in spite of various problems, "there is a clear necessity that the principle of self-determination be respected in all colonial territories."

Ashenheim said that the complexities of colonial problems called for an increased role for the United Nations. He proposed "an amendment to the United Nations charter giving the U.N. the power to intervene and find out what communities want to be free." He said that although such an ammendment "would violate the sovereignty" of the colonial power, it represented the only arrangement under which a territory could be assured just treatment.

The Jamaican ambassador conceded that at present chances for the amendment's passage were almost nonexistent.