Tiger Ruggers Slosh Past Crimson For Easy 16-3 Win on Muddy Field

The Princeton Rugby Club hustled to a 16-3 victory over the Crimson Saturday at M.I.T. The match was transferred to the Tech field because of mud.

The Tigers moved immediately to a lead by scoring twice in the first ten minutes. The varsity was hampered all day because its regular fullback failed to arrive for the game.

Sophomore Doug Hall courageously left his slot in the scrum to pinch hit, but unfamiliar with the position and hampered by a shoulder injury, he found it difficult to catch the ball. On a wet day, the teams tend to kick much more, bringing the opposing fullbacks into important roles. Thus, inexperience worked to Princeton's advantage.

The one-sidedness of the final score is misleading, for in the second half the Crimson's backfield moved the ball well when it had possession.

Furthermore, Harvard twice stood on the Princeton goal line, and twice thought it had pushed the ball over for a three-point try. In both cases, however, the referee maintained it had been downed by a Princeton rugger.

This defeat leaves Harvard with two wins and three losses thus far. It faces Brown in Providence Saturday for the final game of the fall season.