Yardling Gridders Travel to Brown; Soccer Team to Play Baby Bears

The Yardling football team travels to Providence today with plans to make the Brown freshmen its fourth victim of the year. But injuries may cut into the depth that had enabled Coach Henry Lamar to keep a fresh eleven on the field at all times in the Crimson's first three outings.

Joe O'Donnell, starting right guard, probably won't see action this afternoon, and the playing status of reserve halfbacks Jim Powell and Richard Mechem is doubtful. If these two aren't ready to go, starting halfbacks Bobby Leo and Pat Conway will have to show stamina as well as speed.

The game is the last of the season for the Baby Bears, who are hoping to catch the Crimson looking ahead to next week's game with Yale. But Lamar promises his men are ready. "They've been playing the games one at a time this year, and I know they'll be thinking about Brown when they're out there on the field," he said.

While the gridders are engaged in Providence, the yardling soccer team will be entertaining the Brown freshman booters on the Business School field, beginning at 2 p.m.

The visitors have posted eight wins and a tie in nine games this year and will be eager to hurdle the last barrior on their road to an undefeated season.

The Yardling squad has been improving steadily since its loss to Dartmouth three weeks ago. The Crimson forwards, paced by Jim Saltonstall, have scored nine goals in the team's last two outings, and the defensive efforts of goalie Richard Hammond and fullbacks Alex Patton and Karl Lunkenheimer have held the opposition to only one.