House Committee To Hear Pusey On Federal Aid

WASHINGTON, Nov. 18--President Pusey will give his views tomorrow on the future course of federal cooperation with universities in scientific research and development. Pusey is scheduled to testify before a subcommittee of the House Committee on Science and Aeronautics, headed by Rep. Emilio Daddario (D-Conn.).

Hearings by the Daddario subcommittee, and by a select committee under Rep. Carl Elliott (D-Ala.), are looking into the whole range of federal research programs in the light of the steady increase in their size and cost. Last month the House voted to slash the Administration's request for a sizable increase in the appropriation for the National Science Foundation. Ludget requests for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the National Institutes of Health have also come under heavy attack in Congress.

Pusey, who headed the Carnegie study of the growing relations between the government and universities, has spoken often of the dangers--and opportunities--which large-scale government aid presents. He has also warned that support of the humanities and social sciences should not be neglected in the flood of money for scientific research.