Army Defeats Hockey Team, 5-1; Offense Stymied by Cadet Goalie

A Cadet goalie named Mieras and a strong Army first line proved too much for the Crimson hockey team last night at West Point and the Cadets skated away with a 5-1 win.

The Harvard team is having its ups and downs this season, and last night the team was down.

First line forward Mike Thomson of Army cased in a rebound shot at 14:05 for the only score in the first period. He was assisted by Bart Barry.

The same combination of Thomson and Barry scored again in the second period at 12:46, and five minutes later at 17:40 they reversed roles, Barry scoring and Thomson assisting.

The second period was crucial. Army drew a penalty, but still the Harvard line was unable to close the widening gap.

Ike Ikauniks boosted a dying offense by ramming home a shot at 7:03 of the third period. It was one of five scoring attempts the Crimson mustered in the final period. Kinasewich and Clark assisted.

Third line forwards Hjelm and Kobes of Army shortly erased any hopes of a Harvard comeback by blasting in two quick goals at 10:34 and 13:33 through a weak Crimson defense. These goals upped the score to its final 5-1 figure.

Mieras ended a distinguished evening with 21 saves, while Harvard's Swietzer had 26. It was Army's fourth straight victory. Harvard's season record now stands at four wins and two losses.