Icemen Heavily Favored Against Ephmen Tonight

By Robert A. Ferguson

Coach Cooney Weiland's hockey team will be playing its sixth game in 12 days at Watson Rink tonight, but should still top a feeble Williams, team by a comfortable margin. Weiland will probably spend a good part of the evening juggling his forward lines to compensate for the loss of the varsity's leading scorer, Bill Lamarche.

The 5 it. s in. junior re-injured his left knee in the second period of Monday night's Bean Pot loss to B.C. and could be out of the lineup for quite a while.

Defenseman Mike Patterson, who missed the Bean Pot final altogether, will also be off the ice in tonight's game.

Fortunately, the depleted Crimson won't need more than an adequate performance to sink Williams a little lower in the E.C.A.C. rankings. At present, the Ephmen are skating along on an unimpressive 8-7 record.

Williams' one genuine hockey player is center Tom Roe, who has contributed 30 of the team's 71 goals. Roe is averaging two goals a game and should give hockey fans something to talk about when the varsity isn't pounding the Williams' nets.

Monday's loss to Boston College was the first Crimson defeat at the hands of a local rival in two years and broke a ten game winning skein against B.C., Northeastern, and Boston University. With this in mind, the still potent varsity should pulverize the Ephmen in tonight's 7:30 p.m. contest.