Swimmers Coast to Win Over Weak Bruin Squad

Brown was only two events as the varsity swimming team drowned the hapless Bruins in a 62-33 deluge last night at the L.A.B. Crimson coach Bill Brooks experimented freely with his juniors and sophomores in a meet which the Crimson won as easily as Ted Kennedy won a Senate seat.

The Brown meet traditionally provides a breather before Yale, but the varsity hardly had to breathe deeply to beat the weak Brown squad.

The only excitement of the meet came in the 200-yard butterfly with the appearance of John Pringle, the only Harvard entrant is the event. Naturally, neither Brown swimmer could provide any competition, and both finished more than a full pool length behind Pringle. Pringle's effort, however, came within 1.2 seconds of breaking the Harvard record of 2:05.7 for the event.

Brown's lone individual first place came in the 100-yard freestyle. Bob Martin touched out the Crimson's Gregg Skalinder in 51.1. Last week, Martin set a New England Intercollegiate Swimming Association record of 1:41.2 in the 160-yard medley relay against Springfield. The Bruins also won the freestyle relay.

Beaton, Hunter Win

Ed and Bill Chadsey set the pace for the evening by sweeping the 200-yard freestyle for the Crimson in a winning time of 1:59.0. Dennis Hunter followed with a :23.1 victory in the 50-yard freestyle and captain Alan Engelberg easily took the 200-yard individual medley in 2:13.7.

Earlier in the evening, the Harvard freshmen trounced their Brown counterparts, 56-37 Three University records fell in the meet. Henry Frey set a new 400-yard freestyle mark of 4:04.7, Bruce Fowler swam a record 100-yard breaststroke and the freestyle relay team of Paul Eric and John Quinn 200-yard relay record of .