Injuries Slow Six Tonight In Game With Dartmouth

Lamarche Out

By Robert A. Ferguson

Although the last place Dartmouth Indians haven't won an Ivy League hockey game and coach Cooney Weiland's varsity six currently leads the loop, tonight's 8 p.m. contest at Watson rink cannot be taken too lightly. The icemen from Hanover almost best powerful Boston College in January and have last year's Ivy scoring champ, Dave Leighton, in their front line.

The varsity, on the other hend, just managed to best mediocre Northeastern two nights ago and has been slowed by hampering injuries.

Among the wounded is the Crimson's leading scorer Bill Lamarche who will be playing with a strained knee Mgament if he plays at all. Coach Welland may have to make do without the services of defenseman Ron Thomson as well. The 5 ft. 10 in. senior bruised a log against Cornell last week-end and was sidelined for the Northeastern game.

In Thomson's absence, sophomore John Daly and Dave Johnston (everybody's All-East and All-Ivy choice last year) will share one defensive post with Mike Patterson and Harry Howell alternating on the other side of the ice.

Even with injuries to crucial players, the Crimson's scoring punch should prove too much for Dartmouth. The varsity skaters have produced 74 goals in 14 games while goalie Godfrey Wood has held the opposition to a scant 88 markers.

Dartmouth is 0-4 in League competition and lacks the depth to skate with Harvard's three lines. In addition, the Indians have been plagued with defensive lapses all season and coach Eddie Jeremiah's moving of forward Chuck Zen to defense has not completely solved the problem.

Dartmouth goalie Terry Guiney was forced to make no less than 44 saves in his last outing. Against the high-powered scoring line of Gene Kinasewich, Tim Taylor, and Ike Ikauniks he would have to make many more for a Dartmouth win.

Student coupons will not be accepted at the doer for admiseion to tonight's hockey game. Hockey fane should exchange coupons for tickets at 60 Boylston St. before 5 p.m. today.