Watson Demands Chaperons For Coed Ski Trips

Dean Watson has taken action to bar all unchaperoned girls from the Harvard Ski club Lodge in Jackson, New Hampshire. The action was reportedly taken after the administration learned or an unchaperoned party held at the lodge.

A letter sent to all Ski club members on February 27 listed the new rules governing the use of the lodge. No member may have women in the building, unless accompanied by a chaperone approved by the Dean's Office. If any member learns of any misconduct on the part of individuals using the lodge he is to report what he knows to an officer of the club.

Members were asked to sign the letters, agreeing to enforce the rules, and return them to the club. Many members protested and refused to return the signed notes, although they will therefore be denied use of the lodge.

The Harvard Outing Club, which for many years has had unchaperoned coeducational groups staying in its cabin in Jaffrey, New Hampshire, has received notification form Dean Watson that in the future chaperones must accompany all mixed groups.

The Club's officers said they resent the new restrictions since their club does not allow drinking on trips, while the Ski Club groups.

The Club's officers said they resent the new restrictions since their club does not allow drinking on trips, while the Ski club does.

Dean Watson was not prepared to comment on the situation last night. He said that he would issue a statement on the matter today.