'Lampoon' to Parody 'Esquire' Magazine In July Issue of 'Mlle.'

The Lampoon will transform the July issue of Mademoiselle into a parody of Esquire, Woodward A. Wickham '64, president of the Lampoon, announced yesterday.

Although the Lampoon has written the July issue of the woman's fashion magazine for the past two years, this year is the first time the 'Poonies will parody a magazine other than Mademoiselle. The Lampoon's initial Mademoiselle, which appeared in 1961, set circulation records.

Until Mademoiselle agreed to let the Lampoon parody another magazine, Wickham said, the 'Poonies had refused to make any deal for the summer. "We were tired of being tied to their apron strings," he said. Traditionally, the Lampoon parodies a different magazine each spring.

Wickham and a team of 12 'Poonies will invade New York City during spring vacation to shoot photographs and solicit advertising for their issue. They will stay at the Waldorf.

Wickham declined to state exactly how much the 'Poonies will be paid for their parody, but said that "to our knowledge, no college humor magazine has ever been paid so highly."