Wrestlers Grapple Best in East At EIWA Championship Contest

Sporting its best record in recent years, the varsity wrestling team travels to Annapolis today to compete in the Eastern Intercollegiate wrestling championships. The Crimson, however, will have to face not only the powerful, undefeated Ivy champion Cornell, but also the real powers in Eastern wrestling--Syracuse, Lehigh, Pitt and Rutgers.

As a team, Harvard should make at least a respectable showing and could conceivably upset some of its higher seeded oponents. Undefeated captain Bob Kolodney, still sidelined with a knee injury that has plagued him all season, will not compete in the tournament, but seniors Bob Fastov and Fred Pereira should both produce strong performances.

Fastov, who wrestles in the unlimited weight class, has improved strongly during the season, and should score several vital points for the Crimson. Syracuse's Jim Nance, however, is heavily favored in this weight class.

Pereira, who has been beaten only once in Ivy competition, could make the semi-finals in the 167 pound class. But, he will still have to face Yale's Dave Schaff, who handed him his lone season defeat, in the finals.