Stickmen Play Big Green In Tight Game Saturday

By Robert A. Ferguson

The same Bill King that helped Dartmouth thrash Harvard in football last Fall will be trying to do the same thing in lacrosse this Saturday when the varsity journeys to the wilds of Hanover. King, who is a midfielder when he is not a quarterback, has one of the best dodges in the Ivy League, and scored five goals in the Indians' last outing--a 16-9 mauling of Holy Cross.

If the Indians and King were spectacular against the Crusaders, only King was at all impressive against Yale. The Bulldogs took Dartmouth 11-5 in spite of the midfield star's pair of goals and two assists.

As usual, the varsity will take its customary collection of aches and pains to New Hampshire tomorrow. Lou Williams has just returned to the line-up after being sidelined with an eye injury. By way of compensation, fellow attackman Tink Gunnoe's back has been giving him trouble again. The Crimson's play-maker hasn't been able to practice all week.

More critical ailments can be found among the midfield units. High-scoring Joe Barton has been bothered by a bad case of the virus and Tink Leroy, on the first middle unit, has pulled the muscle that has given him trouble again.

These inuries could prove especially galling in Hanover because of Indian strength in the midfields. Harvard's attacking trio of Williams, Gunnoe, and Dick Ames should have little trouble in scoring against the Dartmouth secondary.

At the other end of the field, the Crimson defense (one of the best in the area) should be able to contain Hanover's rather mediocre offense. This leaves the midfield. If the varsity's four scrappy units can hold off Dartmouth's two stellar midfields, Harvard should win by many markers.

On the other hand, the varsity has its injuries and the Indians have their own field, not to mention King who is also team captain. All things considered. Harvard should win a close contest.