Stickmen, Baseball Team, Spikers Face Yale

Trackmen Meet Heps Champions

"Our chances of winning depend on somebody doing something that doesn't figure," Crimson track coach Bill McCurdy says pessimistically of tomorrow's dual meet with Yale at New Haven. But with captain Ed Hamlin and high-jumper Jack Spitzberg both coming off the injured list to bolster an already strong team, Harvard should pull the contest out of the fire for its traditional track victory over the Elis.

The Heptagonals last week--in which Yale triumphed over the Crimson. 62-57-- offer the best guide to tomorrow's meet. Yale will hold a nine-point advantage based on performances, but Harvard has four Heptagonal champions: Aggrey Awori, in the 100 and 200; John Bakkensen, in the discus; Chris Ohiri, in the triple jump: and Hank Hatch, in the high hurdles. All are certain to take their events, and Hatch and Peeter Lamp have a good chance in the Javelin.

Hamlin Important

A key performer will be Hamlin, who seems to be mending after a pulled leg muscle kept him out of competition for over a month. Together with Ed Meehan he will renew a long-standing rivairy tomorrow against Yale's Bobby Mack in the mile and two mile, and both events should be close.

On the Blue side, Wendell Mottley should turn in an unbeatable performance in the 440 and spark the mile-relay team, as he did in the Heptagonals, and Chuck Mercein, with a 57 ft. toss to his credit, should again edge out the Crimson's Art Croasdale in the shot.

Most of the remaining events should go to the Crimson: John Ogden will take the 880, Hatch the 440-yd. hurdles, and Art Doten the hammer throw, all repeating good showings in the Heptagonals. The pole vault is a puzzle, but Jay Mahaney's record 13 ft., set earlier this month in the G.B.I. meet, will be the one to shoot for.