HCUA, PBH Officers Win Two Ames Prizes

The Ames Award, presented annually for the most outstanding examples of character and leadership in the senior class, has been awarded to Jon Wm. Clifton '63 of Leverett House and Springfield, Ohio and to Cornelius J. Minihan '63 of Quincy House and Bourne.

Clifton, was president of Phillips Brooks House, a member of the student. Faculty Committee on Domestic and Foreign Service Programs, and an overseer of the Combined Charities; he has also been one of the Harvard advisors helping to establish the government's National Service Corps. Under Clifton, PBH increased its membership from 600 to 850 and strengthened the depth of its programs.

Minihan was chairman of the Harvard Council for Undergraduate Affairs, activities coordinator for the Quincy House Committee and a member of the Combined Charities board of overseers. A former junior usher, he holds the Procter and Gamble Scholarship. Under Minihan's chairmanship, the Council regained its prestige and efficiency in dealing both with student and Faculty.