Experimental Theatre To Produce Musical

The Experimental Theatre at the Loeb Drama Center will open its season Saturday at 3 p.m. with a presentation of a new musical revue, Pardon Me, I Was Here First. Other performances will be given at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Sunday.

Ruffin Cooper, Jr., Associate Producer of the Experimental Theater, will direct the revue, a series of satirical musical sketches on current foibles of modern society. Clayton Koelb, Executive Producer of the Experimental Theatre, is the producer.

The Experimental Theatre, which has no admission charge, will present a new play each week during the summer season, and gives Summer School students a unique opportunity to act, direct, design and even write for the theatre. Students lacking experience in these areas are also needed to type, sew, and do art work for the productions.

The production the second week of the season is a new one act drama in verse by Timothy S. Mayer, That Day They Read Of It No More. Mayer will direct his play, a masque with music based on a Dante legend. Koelb will also produce this play, which will be presented Sunday, July 14, Monday and Tuesday evenings.