Students to Undergo Traditional Rites As Summer Nears End

For most students, Harvard Summer School begins and ends with the janitor. Sometime between today and Saturday at noon, all students living on campus will go through the traditional mustering out ceremonies.

Central to this procedure is the surrender of the room key to the dorm janitor. This gentleman will also request the following items: mailbox key, linens, and blankets.

As part of the ancient rites, all those inhabiting College dwellings are requested to search ther quarters thoroughly for valuables, clothes, books, secret correspondence, and old dolls.

Exams Begin

Exams, which will precede all the above maneuvers, are expected to extract at least three hours of everyone's time between now and Friday. Students wishing to discover the results of their ordeal before the registrar sends out the impersonal, IBM style grade reports, should try the Harvard system of slipping a self-addressed post card into their blue book. It usually brings results.

While many of those enrolled in the summer school will merely be moving out of one dorm on one campus to another dorm at a different city next September for Harvard students in Cambridge the advent of exams has a slightly different meaning.

In less than a month Harvard and Radcliffe people who have enjoyed a summer of apartment living, free of the inconvenience of University rules, will return to Cambridge in droves to reclaim the Yard and the Houses.

The Class of 1967 will begin arriving around the 15th of September, to be joined by upperclassmen who face the horrors of registration on September 20. Check your own catalogues for Fall starting dates at your own particular scrool.