Skaters Seek Ivy Victory Over Dartmouth at Watson

Dartmouth's dangerous Indians invade Watson Rink tonight at eight as Harvard meets its second Ivy League foe in four evenings. The Crimson, riding a six-game winning streak, evened its Ivy record at 1 and 1 Saturday with a 4-3 victory at Cornell.

Bill Lamarche should return to action tonight on the line with Baldy Smith and Barry Treadwell to put the Crimson back at full strength. An injury to his knee, which sidelined him for the Cornell game, proved not serious enough to even keep him away from yesterday's practice.

A firm believer in success, coach Cooney Weiland plans to go most of the way with only three defensemen, as he did in last week's victories over Boston College and Cornell. This strategy enables former back-liner Bill Fryer to join Gene Kinasewich and Ike Frauniks on a line that scored three times against Cornell.

Indians Impressive

The Indians bring to Watson an impressive record of five wins against only one loss. A 5-2 victory over even-weaker-than usual Yale is their only Ivy League decision. Their lone defeat was a close 4-3 affair against the Boston University team that knocked off B.C. last weekend.

Comparative scores indicate a close Crimson victory tonight. While Dartmouth has topped Bowdoin and Colby by identical 5-3 scores, Harvard's margin over each Maine College has been three goals.

Coach Weiland has no intention of taking this Dartmouth team lightly. He knows that Harvard cannot afford to lose another league contest if it hopes to catch or pass the Brown club which beat the Crimson in December, and now has a 2 and 0 record in Ivy play. With next month's Brown game in mind, he plans to do everything he can to win tonight.