Quintet Sees Easy Foe In Winless Green Five

Game Time: 8 p.m.

By Richard Andrews

Dartmouth's basketball team has only two noticeable weaknesses; offense and defense.

The Indians are scheduled to meet Harvard tonight in the IAB, and the only way they can avoid losing is to get their team bus snowbound in the hills of New Hampshire. Otherwise, the Crimson should feast on its easiest pickings of the season and roll up Ivy League victory number two.

Dartmouth basketball has reached a state of unprecedented futility. During the last three years the Green managed to lost a total of 55 games; so far this year the Indians have gotten through the easy part of their schedule without a win, and may keep their record unblemished all season.

The Green have enough height that they won't be disgraced rebounding, with a front line of Mike Buckley (6-5), Dave Blaine (6-4) and Chris Kinum (6-4), and several big men on the bench. But in losing ten straight, the Indians have been missing an average of 1:06 shots per minute, and they have an execrable 37.0 field goal percentage. Their defense has yielded 89.8 points per game.

Harvard will probably start Merie McClung (averaging 19.9 points per game). Bob Inman, Barry Williams, Leo Scully, and Al Bornheimer. Sensational sophomore Keith Sedlacek will no doubt see a lot of action. With his patented long jump shot, Sedlacek has sunk 49.4 per cent of his shots and provided the Crimson some much-needed backcourt scoring punch.